Who's who

scooter

Staff member
You will LOVE your drum!! My WSM is gathering dust and looks at me forlornly when I tend to my drums.

welcome.gif
to DS.com!!

wneill20

Wes, here i am a member of pelletsmoking an now getting ready to build my drum smoker. Thanks to BP the wife is going to kick my butt when she sees the new project. Ready and willing to learn from the members, stay tuned i will post pictures of the build.

tylock

Hey Tyler! Welcome to the forum. Look forward to seeing your cooks. Btw..we all like pics;)

Ya I've seen quite a few of the mouth watering creations everybody has posted. Hopefully over time I will be able to cook something that even remotely resembles some of the masterpieces I've seen here.

MrAdam

The drum is a super easy tool to master. You'll be cranking out gourmet meals in no time!

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Tapatalk 2

tylock

It looks like I'll be doing some ribs this weekend. Crossing my fingers and cooking on a hope and a prayer hahaha.

MrAdam

Just remember the center of the drum is 30-50 degrees hotter than the thermometer on the outside.

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Tapatalk 2

Rayzer

Hi All,

Rayzer here. Located in central MA. Joined the forum a short while back looking for the UDS kit.. Just ordered it!!! Woo Hoo! Can't wait, I've got the winter months for the build. Found out about the forum from Cowgirl's Blog. I was drooling over her stainless smoker.

Been smoking many, many years. Started with a Brinkman upright, burned through a couple of those, now have a brinkman offset, a Weber, adn an electric smoker for the cooler months. Makes it easy to maintain temp, without hanging out in the cold. I've been wanting a UDS for a long time, was looking to find the parts for the build, and was excited to find the kit! Just what the smoking doctor ordered!

Looking forward to the build, the smoking, the food, and the fellowship of the forum.

be well,

sheepdad

Welcome Rayzer, look forward to hearing and seeing your cooks. You're gonna love your BPS UDS.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

deihardt8fan

Hey ya'll, my name is Mike and i'm a smoker! Have been using a 22" weber/smokenator for a couple years now. Really didn't like having to add coals every hour. Wanted to do a small brisket last month and did a google search for a recipe. Saw a UDS and googled it. And that's when I saw it, Big Pappa's EDS kit. Ordered one on the spot!!! Picked up a black steel drum but I didn't like the way it looked so I ordered a stainless steel drum. My wife says i'm anal but hey, am i wrong for wanting my UDS to look good? Started my build this past weekend and i'm just about ready to do a test burn. Can't wait to put some meat on that bad boy! I live near Lexington,NC where pork is king. Hell i'd smoke some cheerios if i could figure out a way to keep them from falling through the grate. Have seen many different recipes and techniques on the forum and can't wait to try different foods on the drum. Pics of first cook and drum to follow!

Salmonsmoker

Hey ya'll, my name is Mike and i'm a smoker! Have been using a 22" weber/smokenator for a couple years now. Really didn't like having to add coals every hour. Wanted to do a small brisket last month and did a google search for a recipe. Saw a UDS and googled it. And that's when I saw it, Big Pappa's EDS kit. Ordered one on the spot!!! Picked up a black steel drum but I didn't like the way it looked so I ordered a stainless steel drum. My wife says i'm anal but hey, am i wrong for wanting my UDS to look good? Started my build this past weekend and i'm just about ready to do a test burn. Can't wait to put some meat on that bad boy! I live near Lexington,NC where pork is king. Hell i'd smoke some cheerios if i could figure out a way to keep them from falling through the grate. Have seen many different recipes and techniques on the forum and can't wait to try different foods on the drum. Pics of first cook and drum to follow!

Frog mats!

sheepdad

Welcome deihard, Can't wait to see those cherrios. :D

scooter

Staff member
My wife says i'm anal but hey, am i wrong for wanting my UDS to look good?

Nope! I can be a bit anal also, just ask anyone. They'll tell ya! The SS drums just look prettier! I also have a regular black EDS which I transport around when I cook outside my backyard. The SS ones are quite a bit heavier!

Top Bottom