Who's who

southga

Just found this forum. Looking forward to sharing great info here. I live in a small town in south GA. I got converted to drum smoking just about 6 months ago. I have cooked for years on cheap offsets (Chargriller, Brinkman) and before that an ECB. I learned the basics of BBQ from my dad who ran a cafe & catered BBQ cooked on a concrete block pit covered with sheets of tin.

D

Danielle

Hello All!

I'm Danielle, one of the admin/moderator's of the forum. Big Poppa has introduced a whole new world of smoking to me with this forum! I'm pretty sure I'm going to have to purchase a smoker and try my hand at some of these delicious recipes posted on the forum, wish me luck everyone :)

Danielle

sparky

welcome dani. cooking on the drum is alot of fun and it puts out some great food. southga, looking forward to seeing your drum creations. food it king here.

Scallywag

Hey guys... I will be watching this site very close! Drum smoking is next on my to do list!! Just don't tell my wife... haha

sparky

Hey guys... I will be watching this site very close! Drum smoking is next on my to do list!! Just don't tell my wife... haha

scally, its about time buddy. what took ya so long. if ya'll don't know scally he's a great cook who lives up north. he does excellent work on his mak. getting a drum scally? they fun. you could probably get one from your work.

Scallywag

I have no problem getting a drum. Where in the world could I get a simple kit to convert it though?? I think I know a guy that can hook me up...

scooter

Staff member
I recognize many of the faces here. Just acquired a drum myself. Glad to be here to learn and hopefully add to the discussions.

sheepdad

Hey everyone,
Another drum-less lurker here. The drum kit is on the works very soon. Been smoking for just a few years now but got serious and started having fun this past year. Do my smoke on a OTS 22 w/smokenator and having a blast learning from sites like this and others. I'll tell you, once I started taking notes during the cook and tweaking and experimenting with stuff...the fun factor really soared. I'm ready to step it up a notch now and that's why I'm here. Look forward to participating here and hope I can add a few worthy 2cents here and there to help.

Bob

Patrick_CT

Welcome Bob! Another CT person is great to see. Everyone knows that great BBQ comes from New England..... but they just will not admit it ;)

tylock

Hey All! My name is Tyler and I'm the shipping manager at Big Poppa Smokers. I am completely new to the drum smoking scene, but I purchased my drum and drum smoker kit and have it assembled and ready to go. Looking forward to experimenting, and gaining insight and knowledge from all the amazing cooks on the forum.

Top Bottom