Start of my BPS Adventure :)

Nafle

Thanks for the advice :) Monday I bought a paint stripper and brushed it on, it should dry up and wash of. But before it dried up the cold weather came and well.. its frozen not dry :( so ill have to defrost it, and use something else. Don't now if I can get the one suggested. but I have some alternates:) Not given up :)

Salmonsmoker

Thanks for the advice :) Monday I bought a paint stripper and brushed it on, it should dry up and wash of. But before it dried up the cold weather came and well.. its frozen not dry :( so ill have to defrost it, and use something else. Don't now if I can get the one suggested. but I have some alternates:) Not given up :)

Gotta love the onset of winter!:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Nafle

Finlay Sunday. woke up to a beautiful weather almost no clouds and 20F :( the day I thought I should strip the drum..
I got another paint remover, went out side with some buckets of HOT water and washed of the old remover that was frozen :) dried the drum and applied the new. brushed it on a couple times and washed of and dried it up and coated it with a heat resistant paint (1200F.)

WP_002905_zpseb4ad250.jpg
[/IMG]
WP_002906_zpsc9428dd2.jpg
[/IMG]
WP_002907_zpse81ba5a6.jpg
[/IMG]

Nafle

Finally I got the confirmation that the drum kit is getting shipped :) With some help from my cousin in Texas. A million thanks Jennifer :) And Kristen at Pig Poppa's Smokers :) big hugs to both of you :)

Last edited:

Nafle

I have a booking for some christmas "ribbe" for the 30th. A Norwegian tradition christmas dinner. So hope i don't have to take out the grill but can use The drum :)

Yea i'm feeling lika baby waiting for santa!

MrAdam

What dishes are traditionally served in Norway during the holiday times?

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Tapatalk 2

Nafle

Well. In norway some use the "ribbe" made from the upper part of the ribs. Served with potatos gravy and sauer cabage... Don't know a better desription. Pictures of the cut. We also uses " pinnekjøtt" thats dryed lamb/ sheep meat steamed for some hours. Some uses tyrkey. So its many different traditions. :) i'm going to try some of this on the drum.

MrAdam

I think in Canada and USA we refer to the cut of meat for ribbe as a pork loin roast. It would be awesome on the drum! Smoke with oak and apple wood at 225F (108C) to about 160F (60C).

Top Bottom