• If you are a registered member of the DrumSmoking.com Forums and you are having trouble logging in, first try asking for a password reset on the login form. That should send a verification email to your registered email account. If you don't see it within 5-15 minutes, check your spam/junk folder. If you still can't log in, please use our Contact Form to send details and obtain assistance from staff. Once you are logged in, make sure that the "Stay logged in" box is checked so your session doesn't time out until you manually log out.

Shop Big Poppa Smokers

Lowest Outside Temperature For Practical Drum Cooking

frjeff

I understand the need to probably add charcoal on a long cook with cold temps, but is their a practical low temp point where one ought not even try?

Things getting nippy here (especially overnight), so don't know if a long cook is worth the try.

MrAdam

In my experience it's not worth pulling out the drum below about 10-15°F.

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Tapatalk 2

cragcrawler

The other day when I smoked on my drum and it was about 35°. I got 4 hours before having to light up another chimney and adding charcoal. That's the coldest so far for me. It kept a pretty good temp I was really pleased. I have some old moving blankets that I want to try and wrap around on a really cold day just to test it.

MrAdam

The other day when I smoked on my drum and it was about 35°. I got 4 hours before having to light up another chimney and adding charcoal. That's the coldest so far for me. It kept a pretty good temp I was really pleased. I have some old moving blankets that I want to try and wrap around on a really cold day just to test it.

Don't use moving blankets. They are very flammable.

backbay2

How bout a water heater blanket wrap.... That might work...... Man it has gotten down to a chilly 40 degrees here.... negatives?? Not even an issue..... Wind, now thats another story

MrAdam

Conversion is easy. C to F C * 1.8 + 32
F to C (F - 32) / 1.8

Top Bottom