Coming over to the drum-side

archer75

I do have the tube. It's never worked well. A huge pain to get started and even tougher to keep it going. And the smoke just goes up and out the top of the lid without doing anything to the meat. I have the larger treager. I think a smaller one would have concentrated the smoke better.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Bigfish

SmokinMAK- Thank you for the updates and the results of your rib cook off. I don't know why you did not get a smoke ring from the drum as I normally experience a smoke ring on the food I cook on my SS Drum.

You also mentioned you are likely to make a SS Drum Smoker in the future. I love mine! I have made a drum smoker from a steel drum that a friend and I painted and one from SS. Drilling the holes in the SS Drum was a real son of a gun so please allow plenty of time.

I have an MAK in my future!

Thanks again,

Ken

SmokinMAK

Bigfish - Yes, I wish I had access to a SS drum up-front. it would have been worth it. Especially in Oregon's wet weather!

Enjoy your MAK - they are so versatile. I have just about every accessory available except the smoker box, and love it. When I did my shoot-out, I had my Maverick on the drum, but was monitoring/controlling the MAK via the web app. So much fun to play with for a techie like me. Might have to look into a temp control solution for the drum sometime - especially for the longer cooks. It would be nice to get the drum to the same level of "set-it-and-forget-it" as the MAK.

SmokinMAK

yqemajed.jpg
latest update to my BPS drum. Cast iron grates. They have removable inserts with different options. Love the sear and the way I can remove one insert and drop wood chunks in!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom