Longtime lurker, first time poster....

Sundance70

Hello, I've been reading posts here for awhile and just finished my first uds smoker with big poppa's kit...

Long story short, I found a drum, had it sandblasted, painted, drilled, burned out, and assembled. The smoker looks good and the kit components are very good quality. The only issue I had was (this may have been easier if I had not been doing the assembly by myself) I subbed some longer bolts for the bottom vents...I just didn't have enough hands to get them to bend and hold while trying to fasten the short bolts.

Anyway, here it is:
image.jpg

I'll post some food pics soon!

Chili Head

Welcome aboard!
Im with ya on those bottom vents. Just a smidge off drilling and they're a sob to get on.
I sweet talked the wife to climb inside when i put mine on. Your drum looks great! You're going to love it!

DrumDumb

Nice looking drum. Welcome to the addiction! I remember muttering a few choice words when doing the bottom vents. Hard part is over though. Now get us some pictures of that fine food you will be producing. Have fun with it.

BabelBBQ

There was a thread about bottom vents a year or so ago. They are a challenge. I posted a picture of how I used a cinder block to help do the job.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

bcmcmoose

Welcome. This forum is a wealth of information, has been a lot of help for me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T807A using Tapatalk

scooter

Staff member
Super nice job Sundance and thank you for posting! Now lets see some grub you cook up on that UDS!

Top Bottom