hows everyone liking their drum?

1Dusty00a

Mr. Adam and All;

Thanks for the advice did as suggested last night for some Planked Salmon. And the brickettes lit as advertised. Just 1 question, Do you let the charcoal in the Chimney get totally white before you place them in the basket???

Other than that, I think a Pork Sirloin roast on the smoker for some Pulled Pork tonight sounds just Wonderful!!!!!!!!!! Like BackBay2 said, It is "quite the learning experiance"!!!!!!! Will post some Pics later.

southga

Once they are burning good, I go ahead & dump them. All I'm looking for is getting the fire started. You dumping them on a basket full of unlit charcoal, so really there is really no need to let them get completely white.

scooter

Staff member
Agree with Southga. Mostly gray is when I dump them in. Once in the coal basket, they will go solid gray very quickly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk while driving one handed!

DjPorkchop

I built a UDS from scratch last year and I told my wife as soon as I can, I am ordering a Big Poppa EDS kit. I got my kit in February and built the EDS. I am now loving the drum. I had issues at first going from 3 3/4" intakes to the 8 intakes on the EDS but now that I am used to it, it gets used very often. I use it for everything from grilling burgers and dogs to pork steaks and regular steaks and then on to the smoked products.

Thanks Big Poppa for putting out such a fine product!

brent2828

best grill/smoker i have used so far, i actually sold my gasser and my weber pro performer and my ecb smoker because they were just sitting there, i love everything about it,high heat to sear, low heat to indirect or smoke, best of all worlds. I have to give meathead at amazingribs.com some of the credit, i was going to buy a weber smokey moutain 22.5 but he convinced me otherwise, im glad i took his word he has not steered me wrong yet. also i light 10 kc blue bag coals and ive got 14 hrs. from it.

Top Bottom