Finally, back to drumming, she is here

smokeasaurus

After hearing about how tough it is to drill ss, I am kinda glad I dropped the coin to have Bubba Barrels do the drilling for me. Got her all put together
0430151836_zpsg4cyqvio.jpg

Forget about seasoning the drum, I am hungry.Fired up a chimney starter and used the grilling setting
0430151905_zpsf0olahlp.jpg

Tossed on some rib-eyes
0430151908_zpsl7cpfkp8.jpg

You can just tell I am in for a bunch of good cooks
0430151919_zpsldfxttpz.jpg

After I pulled the steaks, I lowered the charcoal basket and added a split of live oak to season up the drum, tomorrow will be figuring out how to control temps....:cool:

smokeasaurus

Kudos to Bubba's barrels for the fine work they did with the drilling. This was a used SS drum. They offer a new one, which was out of my range and I was very impressed with how nice this drum looks. Everything was packaged very nice and the drum was wrapped up snug like a bug in a rug :cool:

Chili Head

Very nice buddy!
Great way to break in that drum! It won't take you long to dial it in. 1/2 hole open on each side with top vent wide open should get you close to the 250 range.

smokeasaurus

Thanks Guys, I started off yesterday with too many coals lit and she sat around 300 for a bit before she went down to 225. After 7 hours, I tossed in some chicken thighs (my wife said the best chicken ever). After supper, I opened up 2 holes and 9.5 hours later the drum was at 375. Anybody interested in a used off-set smoker...cause I don't see me using it too much in the future.....:rolleyes::D

Top Bottom