Do these drums look suitable for a smoker?

Kevinish

Hey Archer,

Unfortunately I don't think those drums are going to work well with our kit. The ribs will keep the bottom vents from sealing off, so you'll never be able to control the temps to keep them low enough.

Sorry for the bad news, but keep looking; you'll find something!

Good luck!

PeterP

Archer,

I'm hoping you have found the perfect drum and are smoking away as I type. But if you're still looking, I found some on Craigslist earlier this week (10/1/2014) in Vancouver, WA. Food Grade, no extra ribs, $20. The ad seems to disappear and reappear, but they had a ton of 'em. If you're still looking, let me know and I'll pass along the contact info to you.

As for mine, picked it up Wednesday. Burned it out Thurs. EDS kit arrived Friday. cleaning/drilling/painting the drum Sat/Sun. I'll let the paint cure and install the BPS kit! Can't wait to begin this new hobby!!!

Pete

Nafle

Just made 6 og these this summer, never got complains about The vent is hard to controll. 😊 The only thing i had to consider vas to hit the screw holes om top og the bumps, if you hit the lo om the bumps, the schrews Will be hard to atatch. They are thiker in the metal too. 😊

Attachments

• FB_20141116_00_55_23_Saved_Picture.jpg
    FB_20141116_00_55_23_Saved_Picture.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 340
Top Bottom