Prime Tri Tip on the drum

Big Poppa

Administrator
Al summer long I have not lowered my firebasket I have used the perimeter for the first stage then the direct coals for the second. Awesome easy and great results. Here is some prime tri tip using my new prototype rub Cash Cow coming to stores in about 45 days.
IMG_4652.jpg

IMG_4654.jpg

IMG_4662.jpg

Salmonsmoker

Nice cook BP, what temp. are you running for the first stage? With the basket in the upper position I'm finding that I have to be real diligent to keep the temp. from spiralling out of control.

Big Poppa

Administrator
i let it do its thing It has been so bun I have the guru adaptor and no guru for these kind of cooks..what ever the temp Im good with it...just using the perimeter then the sear. This is a funny forum 11 views and one comment thanks salmon

Chili Head

Looks great and done perfectly!
Im looking forward to the cash cow. Whats the flavor profile going to be? Something like a sweeter double secret?

swamprb

This is the one advantage the BPS drum has going for it over my other cans. I like the fact that the basket is larger and I can stick a smaller diameter ring inside it for grilling on the upper level and use the outer edge of the grate as a warm zone and sear over the coals when I want. This thing is a workhorse.

Top Bottom