• If you are a registered member of the DrumSmoking.com Forums and you are having trouble logging in, first try asking for a password reset on the login form. That should send a verification email to your registered email account. If you don't see it within 5-15 minutes, check your spam/junk folder. If you still can't log in, please use our Contact Form to send details and obtain assistance from staff. Once you are logged in, make sure that the "Stay logged in" box is checked so your session doesn't time out until you manually log out.

Happy Post Thanksgiving Day Everyone!

Salmonsmoker

Well, another Thanksgiving under the belt. Literally. As always, a big family gathering for us with the usual and new culinary delights. Sweet taters, mashed taters and gravy, salads, stuffing, from scratch pumpkin, apple and cherry pies to mention a few. And again, the star of the show was the drum smoked turkey! Since I first assembled my drum smoker, the T-day turkey has been cooked in it. The 24 pounder that I cooked this year is only bones and memories. :D Sorry, no pictures. If you live in the PNW, you know the deluge of rain we've been having and I didn't want a steamed bird.
The reason for my post is to encourage all of you to give smoking a turkey in your drum smoker a try. The only regret that you'll have is that you hadn't tried it before.
When I first assembled my drum I put a second set of grill support screws below the original location at a spacing that allowed me to angle insert the grill to get past the first set of supports. This gives enough depth so a turkey will fit and there's room for heat and smoke circulation over the top of the turkey. Give it a shot.
Now get out there and do that Black Friday combat shopping thing!

Top Bottom