Fourth of July Cooks

jimsbarbecue

Staff member
Using the Thunderdome BBQ: Vortex​ on our Big Poppa Smokers​ EDS Drum Cooker to start the Fourth of July Celebration.The chicken was actually the other day. Today was corn on the cob with BPS Happy Endings spice. The Steak from Haggen Food & Pharmacy​ was seasoned with BPS Double Secret Steak spice. The nectarines had Simply Marvelous BBQ​ Popitude spice. The onions also done on the GrillGrate​ had Cherry Balsamic and SM Sweet Seduction spice. Not shown was watermelon with Tajin Spice on it.

The Vortex is a nice tool to use on the BPS Drum. We have a extra rack place on the upper basket mount and that is where the Vortex sits. Cook time for everything was one hour which is mainly for the corn everything else was done in the last 25 minutes . The steak was reverse sear. The Vortex is really good on Charcoal and stuffs out with all vents closed rather quick. We have been using it with all vents wide open and lighting the coals with a looftlighter held over the coals 2 minutes

IMG_7095-X2.jpg

IMG_7097-X2.jpg

IMG_7098-X2.jpg

Chili Head

I was wondering who was going to start this off.
I like the look of those onions and nectarines!
Nice looking meal jim!

jimsbarbecue

Staff member
Had the Ole Hickory Pits Ace BP fired up today and did some ribs and Tri Tip.
The Ribs had BPS Sweet Money and SM Genie's Hooch. Finished with Granny's BBQ sauce. The Tri Tip was cooked Brisket style with SM Peppered Cow and then wrapped in foil with Gold Buckle Brisket Sauce. The Tri Tip was used for sandwiches. the sandwich photo is a little out of focus. I guess I couldn't wait to eat it.
IMG_7102-X2.jpg

IMG_7103-X2.jpg

IMG_7105-X2.jpg

IMG_7107-X2.jpg

Looks like we are all eating well this 4th!

Chili Head

We had to cancel dinner plans because im getting over a sinus infection. My dad has copd and the last thing he needs is funky germs from me. So..ribs it is. Two slabs were dusted with sweet money and cooked on the MAK and one slab dusted with cajun rub and cooked in the drum. I sauced one slab with swamp boys and the cajun ribs got franks HOT buffalo sauce. A few fries on the side and i was good to go.
e02d668a4e507bb36912ad84adb99681.jpg

0899938cf0a2098dff4ae3c687d17eda.jpg

3fc95f8d12e79cac7cc71d19f5f1ddda.jpg

f11ee4beaeefbc89450c2c5974479ed1.jpg

42449999334f5bc4166e1daec5b44ecd.jpg

Top Bottom