• If you are a registered member of the DrumSmoking.com Forums and you are having trouble logging in, first try asking for a password reset on the login form. That should send a verification email to your registered email account. If you don't see it within 5-15 minutes, check your spam/junk folder. If you still can't log in, please use our Contact Form to send details and obtain assistance from staff. Once you are logged in, make sure that the "Stay logged in" box is checked so your session doesn't time out until you manually log out.

Beef Jerky

Christina

Administrator
Staff member
Well... Here goes my first time making some jerky:
I decided to go with 3 different flavors: Spicy, BBQ, and Sweet teriyaki

First I cut the steak into small pieces and trimmed as much fat as possible (meat didn't have much fat)

I then marinated the meat in freezer size zip lock bags for a couple of hours

For the spicy jerky these are the ingredients I used (tapatio hot sauce, lemon pepper, chili flakes, and of course some little louies)

IMG_0645_zpssw7ogkcq.jpg

For the BBQ jerky these are the ingredients I used (Daigles Cajun Sweet Applewood Jalapeno and little louies)

IMG_0740_zpswm1zquov.jpg

For the Sweet Teriyaki I used (Teriyaki sauce, soy sauce, and the best of the best Sweet money)

IMG_0741_zps6gsfyeuq.jpg

I laid all the jerky on the dehydrator for about 4 hours then transferred it on the smoker to really get a smokey flavor (my family loves smoky flavor)

IMG_0654_zpslubwpiui.jpg

Finishing product:

IMG_0752_zpsutuscq7u.jpg

IMG_0742_zpsqjxnlqny.jpg

When our customers ask for advice I always lead them to our BPS rubs but I always tell them, the best thing they can do is experiment. The worse that can happen is nothing! lucky for me the jerky was great!

Thanks for watching!

Top Bottom