Are the UDS with the BPS kits KCBS comp worthy?

Big Poppa

Administrator
darren of Iowa Smokey D's won the american roayl and rgc yesterday at sams finals cooking his chicken on our drum Pigskin too!

JD McGee

Most certainly... we took 2nd Chicken at King of the Smoker cooking on BPS Drum smokers that Sterling was kind enough to loan us...
e4u4emam.jpg

y4a5u7yd.jpg

We now have one of those in our arsenal for 2014! :cool:

www.winecountryq.com

Last edited:

HighCal

Hmmm I wonder if he still has charcoal baskets that fit inside these small smokers, I have a 30gal drum that I want to make a smoker out of and I believe its 18in. also.

jimsbarbecue

Staff member
BPS Drum at a comp

We used the BPS Drum along with a WSM at the guinea Pig competition ( Our first).

Guinea%20Pig-20140007-X3.jpg

We cooked the ribs and chicken on it. I started the drum at 5am and at 2 pm. Took the lid off so it could burn out the remaining coals so it could be emptied. Ran the drum at 275. We do have a guru on the BPS Drum and the WSM. The way we use it is as a safety valve. Try and run using only the vents to control temps, and have the guru to add air if it runs a little cool and mainly on start up. Start with a weber cube and then set temp and let the guru help get to temp. Honestly the fan runs very little this way after start up. For our first comp, we were satisfied with the results. The Drum worked perfect and will use it at the next one.

hamiltonbarnes

Used my BPS in the Atlanta BBQ Festival two weekends ago. We placed 12th out of 50 in chicken cooked on it and has several perfect score cards. We used it for brisket and chicken.

Top Bottom