**Latest Drum build and Mod to the BPS**

swamprb

Latest REDRUM for the arsenal. Kind of a hybrid Hunsaker/Gateway/BPS/IronManCan/

IMG_1681.jpg

Its got the Hunsaker Smokers Vortex Firebasket, heat shield, Free floating hinge/Lid Exhaust and spring handle. The vents are Smokerbuilder 1.5" ID bolt on tear drop vents.

IMG_1682.jpg

IMG_1683.jpg

IMG_1684.jpg

IMG_1685.jpg

IMG_1687.jpg

Had an extra lid that I added a Hunsaker exhaust and Weber handle to the BPS

IMG_1017_1.jpg

IMG_1018_1.jpg

The BPS has a BBQ Guru Universal adapter and Hunsaker Vortex Firebasket, and I have a BBQ Guru Bulkhead adapter that slides into a teardrop vent on the new can. They don't need it but I have that option when I want it.

Enjoy!

jimsbarbecue

Staff member
nice we use the guru on the drum too at times. still use the vent and have the guru do the final temp adjustment

scooter

Staff member
Why do you want to know what the temp is where the smoke leaves the cooker and not at grate level?

swamprb

Thanks Sterling. On the Hunsaker clone can I built, I had used an oven thermometer on the cook grate and the temp readings were very close exhaust thermo readings.

IMG_1569.jpg

swamprb

Why do you want to know what the temp is where the smoke leaves the cooker and not at grate level?

I suppose you could ask Mark Hunsaker why he designed it that way? When I first saw these cans I was skeptical, but a few users assured me their grate temps were in line with the vent thermo.

So, I tried a BBQ Guru controlled cook with a CAB brisket-point & flat separated and wrapped in butcher paper. 3/4 full basket of KBB, 5.5 hour total cook time and the grate temp and stack gauge were locked in at 300* the whole time. We shut the power off to the fan when we handled the meats, and there was only a 12* spike when the fan was turned back on and lid back on. About 7 minutes to stabilize back to the target temp.

IMG_1059.jpg

IMG_1066.jpg

IMG_1065.jpg

Top Bottom