I think this is a sickness

bcmcmoose

Ok. I think many of us have a problem, and perhaps there is a twelve step program for it. I haven't posted for a bit, been super busy with work. But I have a ton of pics to post of salmon, brisket, butts, chickens and a whole turkey done on the BPS drum kit.

But I digress. Here is the description of my sickness, see if this fits with any of you. I volunteered to make about 20lbs of pulled pork and 10lbs of pulled chicken for my church for a function tonight. And doing this means I have currently been up for 27hrs straight. Worked two shifts. Just finished making a rub, trimming two butts, prepared and started the smoker and got the meat prepped and on. I will next monitor the temperature for the next two hours minimum to make sure it's stable (after about two hours I'm confident in it and have held at or near 225 for about 15hrs many times) then I may get to nap a few hours and it will be up to prep the chicken and when it's all done I'll bring it in to give.

The sickness part is, even at this point, as I sip a glass of whiskey and watch my temp gauge settle, I'm having a blast! Second time this volunteer duty has happened with the exact same double shift scenario directly in front of it, and I can't wait to volunteer again! This drum is that much fun to cook on. And I'm feeling so good right now, maybe I'll skip the nap and go noodle around few hours on my EBMM JP6 BFR Koa! Haha

Thank you Big Poppa! This smoker works even better than I had expected. I originally got it to complement my 52" gad grill as a stopgap on the way to a pellet smoker. But I'm so happy with it I have actually given my gas grill away and the only thing I plan on next is a stainless version of what I've got now! (and the guitar is another unbelievable piece of craftsmanship)
Sorry this is pretty disjointed, but I'm a bit punchy. Hadn't checked in for awhile and thought I would. I'll try to get some pictures up as well. The smoked salmon is amazing ribs shmancy smoked salmon. It comes out perfect everything, and if you haven't tried it you should! I plan to post a pic or too of that as well.

scooter

Staff member
I don't refer to it as a sickness. I call it my passion and you're not the only one. You have lots of company! :)

Top Bottom