Coals?

Dupster38

How many coals do I light? Smoking ribs for the first time on UDS? I read that beginners usually light to many coals?

Thanks for the help

Big Poppa

Administrator
gosh I dont count but one of the most important thing is that you control your airflow from the start....the biggest probem is people lighting a ton of charcoal then leaving the lid off and the intake too open and then they have lost all control. Keep the lid on....when you have to execute a maneuver be quick. Remember you can raise temp easily.....hard to lower

Dupster38

gosh I dont count but one of the most important thing is that you control your airflow from the start....the biggest probem is people lighting a ton of charcoal then leaving the lid off and the intake too open and then they have lost all control. Keep the lid on....when you have to execute a maneuver be quick. Remember you can raise temp easily.....hard to lower

Thanks for the reply and info. I read through some older replys and found some important info
about establishing a cooking temp. Followed the suggestions and smoker worked flawlessly. I am super impressed with this smoker. It was easier to use than I thought. I give it 5 stars. I already have 3 people wanting one. Can't wait to smoke a brisket.

Top Bottom