i told ya i figure it out!

sparky

240° is my magic temp.

druming2001.jpg

i threw a handful of oak pellets in my charcoal nest before i put the ribs on for a little sweet smoke.

druming2004.jpg

a light whisper of smoke. oh man, is this guy good.

druming2076.jpg

good color. nice a juicy. von da pa.

druming2020.jpg

and oldie but a goodie.

druming2033.jpg

yummy.

druming2053.jpg

nice ring.

druming2082.jpg

good bite. i must say very juicy.

druming2086.jpg

this is not good. better go get another one.

druming2087.jpg

well, i am very proud of myself. i had a problem and i fixed it w/ ya'lls help. i did cook spares instead of bb backs. i raised my temp to 240° on my dial. i did use a heat deflector (pizza pan w/ holes drilled into it). works great. ya'll can call me a sissy drummer if you want because i use a heat deflector. its cool. great cooks adapt to their cookers. i have accomplish this w/ Ursula. thats right. who da man. sparky da man. :cool:

Big Poppa

Administrator
raleys ribs?

Great job Spark....You should put that wheel back on for fine tuning....or listen to strangers! ahahahahah It should be open but there are times when you will need a little more control!

Love how well you and Ursula is getting along!

sparky

yes they were raleys ribs. really, i have to put it on. she breathes so much better w/ it off. i always have it open all the way anyway. ok, i'll put it back on tomorrow. :)

Steviez269

Nice job ! Excellent looking ribs ! It's a great feeling when you get them done right and you taste how good they are ! It doesn't matter the route you took to get them there , it's what works for you !

Top Bottom