Using Weber Dome Lid

Bigr314

What is the best way to get a Weber Dome lid to fit on a 55 gallon drum. The lid is just a little small. I can place it on the drum but it is not air tight. Any suggestions. Thanks, Ron

Bigr314

Just finished my Weber ugly drum 3.jpg lid mod.

Bigr314

I had an old 22" Weber grill. I took a grinder and cut off the top 3 inches of the Weber Grill. It fit right inside of my 55 gallon drum. From the inside off the drum I used metal screws and screwed it to the drum about every 8 inches leaving 1 inch above the drum lip. Then I used high temp. sealer and went along where the drum and extension joined to seal the gaps. Painted and done.

BossHawg

What is the best way to get a Weber Dome lid to fit on a 55 gallon drum. The lid is just a little small. I can place it on the drum but it is not air tight. Any suggestions. Thanks, Ron

I took the steel ring off of an old oak barrel, cut it, and then lined the inside of the drum with the ring. Used self tapping sheet metal screws by piercing the ring and driving them up through the rolled edge of the barrel. real easy to do and the lid fits like a glove. Ive done this to four barrels with no problem.

Top Bottom