2017 Smithfield Guinea Pig Matt Dalton Memorial Competition

jimsbarbecue

Staff member
Less then a week away until the 2017 Smithfield Guinea Pig Matt Dalton Memorial Competition in California presented by Big Poppa Smokers.
We are looking forward to this contest. Always a good time. It will be weird/sad not seeing and picking Matt Dalton brain for tips on BBQ. Currently getting our gear together empty out the drums yesterday and having a new hitch carrier made to carry both drums or most any two of the BBQ's we have.Will Post more photos of the contest later
IMG_2085%20%281%29-X2.jpg

jimsbarbecue

Staff member
Some photos from the event

I have posted a lot of photos on Facebook as it seems to be where everyone is now. All are on my smugmug site as usual.
Here are 10 to give you a little flavor of the event. Our fourth time at the Guinea Pig and we can't wait for the fifth one.
Sure wish there were more contest with this format and cost structure. Thanks to Smithfield and Snake River Farms for supporting and believing in this concept.

Soccer_2017_00966-L.jpg

Soccer_2017_00974-L.jpg

Soccer_2017_00975-L.jpg

Soccer_2017_00978-L.jpg

Soccer_2017_00991-L.jpg

Soccer_2017_01015-L.jpg

Soccer_2017_01108-L.jpg

Soccer_2017_01129-L.jpg

Soccer_2017_01156-L.jpg

jimsbarbecue

Staff member
There are only a handful of photos here and I didn't pick them because there was a UDS in the photo. With this being the only comp we do every year when we go you can see what trends have changed. The amount of teams that have a least one drum could be as high as 75%. There were teams there with a Jambo pit and a drum or the Good Folks from Snider meats had their two MAK pellet grills and a Drum.

Top Bottom