Guinea Pig 2016 Practice

jimsbarbecue

Staff member
DSC04021-X3.jpg

Doing some practice cooking for the upcoming Guinea Pig 2016 Contest.
First cook was just using the Drum after not using for awhile. No comp meats just some beef ribs off a rib eye roast and a tri tip cooked like a brisket. Both seasoned with Simply Marvelous Pepper Cow and Big Poppa Smokers Cash Cow. Which if you don't have either of these rubs: Stop reading and order some. They are that good.

DSC04017-X3.jpg

DSC04018-X3.jpg

DSC04020-X3.jpg

This weekend ribs and chicken next weekend pork and brisket

jimsbarbecue

Staff member
Worked on Ribs and some Chicken . Only have photos of the ribs. Rub is sweet money sauce is IPO.
The ribs need a little heat in the flavor profile. The chicken the skin not bite through yet.
IMG_7552-XL.jpg

IMG_7554-XL.jpg

Cooked on a Drum of course. The Guinea Pig is such a cool contest where your entry covers everything including all the meat.
Here is a photo of myself from last year with our box of meat. Also in the picture is one great Chicken BBQ Chef

Guinea%20Pig%20BBQ%20Competition%20Two0221-XL.jpg

The Brisket out of the box

Guinea%20Pig%20BBQ%20Competition%20Two0222-XL.jpg

Because of this all our practice meat. We walk into Costco or Sams and pick the first package we see. So far none have been as good as what i remember cooking last year.

jimsbarbecue

Staff member
At The Guinea Pig 3 we got spanked in brisket. Honestly I have struggled lately with brisket. Today cooked a Costco prime brisket. Injected with Big Poppa Smokers Cattleprod and Cash Cow rub with some Simply Marvelous Pepper Cow rub. One of the nicest briskets I can remember cooking in a long time. Flavor is off the hook. Glad we have a few bags of Cattleprod as it is presently sold out waiting for the next shipment. Maybe I should sell it on eBay with a $100 buy it now price :)
DSC04031-X2.jpg

DSC04032-X2.jpg

Chili Head

I was fortunate enough to get a bag myself not long ago. I really like it. I still gotta try some simply marvelous peppered cow though.

Your brisket looks great jim!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom