Does it bother you...

YEAHBUDDY!!!

I know that there are some really good, I mean really, really good competition cooks that post on this website. I can imagine that some teams like Big Poppa, and Gettin Basted (just to name a couple) might have developed a little bit of a "fan base". Does it bother you when people come up to you at a competition and try to meet you, or hang around your cook site?
What is the best way for a fan or a new cook to meet and greet some of the bigger, more successful teams without being a bother?

Thanks.

gettinbasted

I can't speak for everyone, but I love to talk BBQ (and specifically drum cooking) so it doesn't bother me at all. Just be conscious of our busy times which are usually Saturday morning to early Saturday afternoon and don't take it personal if we have to step away to work. Friday night is a great time to chat as is Saturday after we are done cleaning up and are sitting around waiting for awards.

Big Poppa

Administrator
no problem its just better etiquette to wait until the last turn in...we are pretty much tied up from 4 am to 1:30

I was at a restaurant tonight in central california and a guy came up and said "I recognize you" I said from the guitar business, right? He soid no you are big poppa! ahahahaha he was from florida and had a bps sticker on his phone that was funny

YEAHBUDDY!!!

no problem its just better etiquette to wait until the last turn in...we are pretty much tied up from 4 am to 1:30

I was at a restaurant tonight in central california and a guy came up and said "I recognize you" I said from the guitar business, right? He soid no you are big poppa! ahahahaha he was from florida and had a bps sticker on his phone that was funny

I still think you should name a bass "The Big Poppa". That would be cool.

Top Bottom