Just one drum...

YEAHBUDDY!!!

So if I only have one drum, which KCBS meats do you think would be the best on it. I'm thinking brisket, but what do you guys think. (Obviously all 4 would be nice, but I can't do all 4 on one drum...)
Thanks,

Brad

GA1dad

My thoughts are it depends on your planned cooking temps for brisket. If you are a low & slow guy and you have a couple of racks,you could combine pork and brisket. If you are a hot n fast brisket guy, you might consider doing it on it's on. I supposed it would also depend on what other cooker you have.

Last edited:

Big Poppa

Administrator
ok seriously the number one team in the country in ribs is Shake and Bake and cooks on Gateway Drums. The number one chicken team in the country is Getting Basted who posts here...its funny I think that he gives such good info and Im not sure you know what a great cook he is. That being said I believe that you should sort of figure it out with your timeline. I also thnk that if you cooked butts on it and then tossed your chicken on you would get the pork drippin flavor on your chicken. The number one pork team in the country is me and I use an ole Hickory ahahahaha

gettinbasted

I appreciate it. I might jump to number one in brisket too if I can get my hands on some of that deadly BPS brisket combo that is floating around out there!

I have always done pork and brisket on the same can and if you timed it right, you could put chicken on it too. That being said, I think brisket benefits the most from a drum.

YEAHBUDDY!!!

Thanks everyone for the replies. I do realize what caliber of cooks are responding and I intend to absorb every word I can get my hands on.
Also, Brad ever since I read your "Follow the white rabbit" article I have wanted to cook brisket that way. (killer article BTW...I read the whole thing in Laurence Fishburnes voice...)
Thanks again everyone.

Brad Greer

Top Bottom