What is the Best Day to show up at a Competition for a Spectator?

richsilv

So a complete Newbie question... For a number of reasons I have never been to a Competition...

If I wanted to be able to chat with the Competitors (or in Particular, since I've just ordered my BPS Kit... Maybe some questions to Competitors with Drum Smokers) without getting in the way of things...

What would be the best day to show up? The event I will be going to is a three-day event... and if I believe their published schedule...

Friday is Opening day (Will everyone be engrossed in setting up their space?)
Saturday is Competition day (Will everyone be too busy with their soon-to-be Prize Winning meat?)
Sunday is Closing day (Will everyone be too tired from Competition day to want to answer a bunch of Newbie questions?)

I figure I/we (a family event for sure) can have a good time any day... But I also don't want to end up "under foot" (And yes, if someone tells me to go away we're busy, come back later... I will...)

Rich

gettinbasted

Must drum cookers don't even light up until Saturday morning, so Friday night is the best time to wander around and ask questions.

Big Poppa

Administrator
Actually since Getting Basted and I are in a dog fight in KCBS and he is winning Please visit him between 10 am and 130 at all comps and me after 130 saturday hahahahahahahah Pretty fun the two of us 4 and 5 in the country

gettinbasted

Actually since Getting Basted and I are in a dog fight in KCBS and he is winning Please visit him between 10 am and 130 at all comps and me after 130 saturday hahahahahahahah Pretty fun the two of us 4 and 5 in the country

I'm just enjoying the ride! We've got our hands full with Oklahoma and Iowa ahead of us!

I'm hoping it comes down to the last week.

jimsbarbecue

Staff member
Friday night or Saturday after all turn ins plus a few minutes for the teams to catch their breath. We have not been able to get to comps this year, but the Competitors in the years past have been more than helpful and willing. Something I highly recommend.

Top Bottom