finishing touch

bbq-ram

Added 3" casters. Now this bad boy is complete...!

20150505_200456_zpssvrkmrlm.jpg

DrumDumb

It depends on your height I guess. I put casters on mine and am wishing I did a drum dolly. I could bend over and reach the bottom before the casters. Now it's a pain to get to the bottom to clean it. I do like it on wheels though.

smokeasaurus

I am a hair over 5'10 and I can't touch the bottom of my drum on the dolly. I got a little gardening hoe at the 99 cent store and I just swirl round paper towels with it and so far so good.....

Salmonsmoker

I like the look of the Dolly but their expensive. These were bolt on.

You can build your own drum dolly for less than a bought one. A 2'X2' piece of 3/16" aluminum diamond plate, some casters and some "L" brackets to keep the drum centered. Cut the plate round with a jig saw w/metal cutting blade, dress the edges, bolt on the casters and "L"brackets = 1 drum dolly, badda bing. If you have a scrap yard nearby you might pick up the plate for cheap. Perhaps even find a piece of SS plate.

Chili Head

I built my last dolly for about ten bucks. Get some flat stock steel and bend it around the base of your drum and add a few inches to that. Mark it and cut. Weld the two ends together to make the circle. Cut two more pieces from your flat stock to cross cross the circle and weld them together. You could bolt your casters but I tack welded mine on. A three dollar can of flat black spray paint and you're good to go.

For my stainless drum I'm going to bolt them to the drum.

Top Bottom