Gotta have ribs today

smokeasaurus

After kinda figuring out the fire management on the drum yesterday, it is time........time for some ribs :cool:

Here they are rubbed down and I will post back when the drum gets fired up.....
0502150734_zps6ersviob.jpg

smokeasaurus

Following some other posts on lighting the drum, I put 12 briqs in a Chimney starter turned upside down with some lighter fluid
0502150904_zpsqzjqiyiq.jpg

I had a bag of Stubbs Texas Roadhouse chips and layered in between the charcoal to see what flavor profile I get.....
0502150904a_zps2cthwpqp.jpg

I have the basket in the grilling position which is handy for adding the lit coals and then I will drop it down to the smoking level

smokeasaurus

Yeah boy! Cant wait to see the finished bones!

Me too, I can hardly wait to have a plate of cleaned bones and a sauced up beard ;)

1:30 will be my 3 hour mark with the bone side down. I will then flip them to meat side down for the next hour or so. No foil today...just heat, meat and smoke.......

smokeasaurus

Okie Dokie, the drum held the temps rock solid. No foil. First 3 hours bone side down. Meat side down 2 hours. 1/2 hour back on the bones.

Not alot of pull-back on the bones, but the ribs were very bendable so off they came after 5.5 hours. A slight bark on the meat and oh so tender.
0502151605_zpss6e5sqkg.jpg

Very nice flavor profile. The chips did the job without oversmoking which I have found easy to do when I had a drum before.

Sorry no plated pics, having some neighbors over who are remodeling their kitchen and have been living off of sammies for the last week.

Snake River Farms brisket for tomorrow.....:cool:

bbq-ram

Looks awesome. Did the same today in the BPS.. St. Luis and a rack of beef. Beef ribs pull back slot. Not so much on the pork. Delicious. 5hrs straight without opening. Removed for basting and back for one last hour. Held 225 without even trying.

Chili Head

Nice looking ribs! Great job!
I can't wait to try ribs on mine next week.
I bet the neighbors were happy too!

Top Bottom