Cmon This place is only as good

Big Poppa

Administrator
This place is your home for drum smoking. It's the only place on the web dedicated to it...It only works if you guys and gals participate. The content is from the real world and not a company....

Dive in....ask questions SHare discoveries...Show off food....Share recipes...It's free and great if you guys and gals dive itn

Pappa Roach1

I feel the pain.
A kayak forum I hang out on is almost dead as a rock right now.

I will try and help a little. My build parts are on order, and my Drum is in the truck bed. I am gaining ground.

Bob

bigpernz

My drum will be done this weekend I've been looking forward to it big time.. took me forever to find a safe drum. The one I found (finally) contained apple juice concentrate and has a flat well fitting lid (thankfully). I've been using a weber/smokenator combo for a while, it works great except it does take quite a bit of babysitting. I did a lot of research and decided on building a UDS over buying a WSM or PBC. Then I came across this BP kit and thought it was a no-brainer. Thanks BP and I look forward to sharing my Q with you all!

Chili Head

Hey everyone!
Hope you all are well. I miss hanging around but time was hard to come by this past year. Im hoping to be around more with fresh pictures to share.

smokeasaurus

Thanks for the forum. I am a global moderator on another forum, but I will try to stay active here with all my drum smoking adventures. I have a bunch of grills and smokers but I have a funny feeling my drum is going to get the most action :D

BabelBBQ

I used to come here daily to see what people were cooking, but would be frustrated when there was nothing new. It has been months since I've been on the site, I'm glad to see I have a lot of reading to do. Thanks to all who have posted.

Pork chops are a favorite of mine, so today reverse seared chops. Dry brined for a couple hours, then a little pepper and oil and on the drum at about 225 on the BPS thermometer. Moved the basket to the top when the chops but 125, got it nice and hot with the basket in the upper position all holes open and took it to 145.

They got there sear in the center of the grate, moved then to the side when they reached temp.

49fe73b31a66ecbd41e57773575f7187.jpg

6542c8038082f51bfa604acb4ac90cbb.jpg

bcmcmoose

I will be more active. Been cooking a lot indoors lately. Vodka sauce pastas, chimichurri, compound butter, broiled some rib eye. I still enjoy the drum, and often use it. But most of what I've prepared I've posted about. My next project is a pastrami using the entire curing process to begin. I definitely will post about that!

Top Bottom