Nobodies cookin?

Big Poppa

Administrator
Where is everybody? Lets fire up those drums and whip out the camera phone and show us some fine drum cooking!

BabelBBQ

I've been busy spending time working on drum 2 and not cooking much. Some progress being made. I must say that building a drum with the BPS kit is the best way to get a drum built fast and ready to cook great food. I've been back and forth the hardware store for parts way too many times doing this on my own. Once to take back the galvanized parts to prevent killing myself and my family.

I'll be making chicken wings for dinner on my BPS drum. If all goes right, they will look just like the first time I made them. The only main differences is I bought a huge bag of frozen wings from Costco (already separated) instead of fresh and separating them myself.

The recipe I'm following is to read my own post on wings from last fall.

Pictures will be posted.

DjPorkchop

The cost of meat has gone so high that now days, We are using my BP EDS in the grilling configuration cooking burgers and dogs..... When I can afford the burger. $4.76/lb?? YIKES! Everything else is so high now days my pay day to half way to pay day life style is not allowing ribs, butts, tri tips etc. I don't get in a photo op mood cooking burgers and dogs. ;) The EDS does a GREAT job grilling! I love it.

On the other hand, I did score some 5lb bologna chubs for $3.25 a piece and smoked them Malcom Reed style from the Killer Hogs BBQ team. Normally here they are in the $6-$7 category. As far as bologna goes YUM! I would have never thought. I will be doing that again.

BabelBBQ

A second drum

Wings on the drum.
a6u2u7ab.jpg

y2erujem.jpg

anu5evyn.jpg

They were great.

Top Bottom