Any Southern California teams that want to cook The Guinea Pig contest?

Matt_BPS

We had a team that dropped out today, so we need a replacement! $400 entry fee (credit card OK), we provide your meat, must be a paying member of the CBBQA, located in Indio, CA.

Please email [email protected]

scooter

Staff member
Very cool innovative event. If we were closer and had the inverters to make it work we'd be there!

jimsbarbecue

Staff member
Curious to what you missed. Here is a link to some photos and a few to look at
Guinea-Pig-Photos

Here are a handful of photos in no order.
Guinea%20Pig-20140118-X3.jpg

Guinea%20Pig-20140120-X3.jpg

Our Setup

Guinea%20Pig-20140007-X3.jpg

Sunrise

Guinea%20Pig-20140049-X3.jpg

General Photos

Guinea%20Pig-20140042-X3.jpg

Guinea%20Pig-20140044-X3.jpg

Guinea%20Pig-20140083-X3.jpg

Guinea%20Pig-20140097-X3.jpg

Ever wonder where " Big Brother Smoke" got his name?

Guinea%20Pig-20140090-X3.jpg

BP and the kids that competed

Guinea%20Pig-20140113-X3.jpg

jimsbarbecue

Staff member
Scooter it needs to be on your BBQ bucket list. We were beat tired the next day and would do it again in a heartbeat.

I am going to work on a updated version of the "Jimbotron" and do testing with lights and a Pellet grill and a BBQ Guru on a drum and see what kind of time can be had from the smallest possible setup. Using only a 600 watt inverter as those seem popular and hit the right price point.

scooter

Staff member
Chris is driving up to OR this weekend to pick up our new MAK 4 Star. Along with the 4 Star we run a 2 Star and a FEC100. Add in the power required to run the truck and we're a very power reliant BBQ team.

jimsbarbecue

Staff member
Scooter that is a lot of power needs. I don't know what the truck needs are . The cookers could be run of a Honda 200 during the day and a invertor at night. Would need to be closer to what I have in one of my work trucks about 1800 watts. With all pellet cookers start up is the big draw, so once the starts are staggered 20 minutes it can be done. One of the teams behind us at the Guinea Pig hand 4 Green Mountain pellet grills.

Top Bottom