New Year's Eve Ribs

Bigfish

I had to show you the load of St. Louis Ribs, our second cook on this smoker, that we smoked on New Year's Eve. They smoked unwrapped, with dry rub, for 3 hours then applied honey and wrapped in foil. An hour on the smoker wrapped and then one final hour with sauce unwrapped. Temperature was maintained between 225 and 250.

I did not get a picture when completed because it was dark outside and quite cold. We scrambled to get those bad boys on a platter and into the house. Man, they were fantastic!

082.jpg

scooter

Staff member
You should consider using a rib rack to improve the airflow through the drum during a cook with that much grate space covered. Glad they turned out!
MAK makes a rib rack that fits perfectly in a drum, holds 8 racks, is wide enough to hold them straight, is made out of stainless steel so it goes right into the dishwasher and can be dishwashed over and over without any degradation to the finish.

Bigfish

You should consider using a rib rack to improve the airflow through the drum during a cook with that much grate space covered. Glad they turned out!
MAK makes a rib rack that fits perfectly in a drum, holds 8 racks, is wide enough to hold them straight, is made out of stainless steel so it goes right into the dishwasher and can be dishwashed over and over without any degradation to the finish.

Scooter, thank you for the recommendation. We had to cook for a large group for a New Year's Eve Party. I have never tried to cook more than 2 racks previously so this was a new experience. I will definitely add one of the MAK Rib Racks to my ever growing quantity of grill gear!:cool:

Top Bottom