Hummus, Chicken, Apple, and Corn

auxren

I woke up this morning with the shakes from my drum smoking withdrawals. I haven't sparked up the drum smoker for almost 2 months after smoking at least once a week.

I spatchcocked a chicken and rubbed it all up and inside with olive oil and yardbird rub. I also put some blue cheese crumbles in between the skin and meat (a tasty addition). Usually, when I smoke chicken, I forget to smoke it at a higher temp, but this time, I got the smoker going with all the holes open nice and hot. Smoked will the breasts reached 165.
Ja1E1KG.jpg

I also smoked some corn.
NjOyE2X.jpg

I combined the chicken corn, half a cup of mayo, half a cup of plain yogurt, chives, celery, and a tablespoon of rice wine vinegar to make a delicious chicken salad.
dikVrEQ.jpg

I also made hummus with a head of garlic I smoked. To smoke the garlic, I chopped off a tiny bit of the head and drizzled it with olive oil and placed it on the smoker for 40 minutes. I then let it cool down (do this, because it's really really hot!).
In a food processor, I put in 2 cans of drained garbanzo beans (keep the juice from one of the cans). I also added in 1/3cup of tahini paste, the smoked garlic, 1/4 lemon juice, 1 tbsp of good olive oil, 1 tsp of cumin, 1/2 tsp of salt, and cayenne pepper to taste. Process everything until smooth. Taste and adjust to taste. If too thick, add in some of the reserved garbanzo juice.
To serve, garnish with paprika and olive oil:
98Segye.jpg

I smoked an apple by using a tablespoon measuring spoon to hollow out the core from the apple.
9pYOlKb.jpg

I put in butter, coconut flakes, brown sugar, and cinnamon.
UMWyQNO.jpg

Smoked for an hour.
7Huj4tX.jpg

Top Bottom