I want my baby back!

cragcrawler

Smoked some ribs yesterday. Pictured are 2 sauced and 1 dry. Turned out great. This cook was my first time on my newly built BPS rather than the one I fabricated.

I started out filling the basket with blue bag K. Got 15 briquettes lit and put it in the middle with a couple chunks dry apple wood. Opened the bottom vents by half and the temp was way to hot and it took me a bit to get it lowered so i cut my time down to two hours before I wrapped.

I used a rub I picked up at the local supermarket called Spade L. On the smoker for two. Pulled em off and foiled em with brown sugar, honey, and butter for 1.5 hours. Took em off and put the back on the smoker to firm up. At about 40 minutes a sauced two of them with a BBQ sauce that I added a couple of heaping tablespoons of blueberry jam my wife made this last summer. After 10 minutes sauced I pulled em off.

a7usugu3.jpg

Marcus

Kevinish

Instead of dropping the 15 lit coals in the center, try putting them off to the very side of the basket. I think it'll help keep the temps down. Nice Cook!

Top Bottom