My Big Poppa Project Pictures

Bigfish

I would again like to thank several folks on this site for their advice as I am very happy with the final result of my Engineered Big Poppa Drum Smoker. Also, I would like to thank Big Poppa for engineering this kit as it is truly well thought out.

I am posting some pictures of the project and of my first cook, a chicken last night.

191.jpg

192.jpg

193.jpg

197.jpg

198.jpg

200.jpg

202.jpg

203.jpg

204.jpg

205.jpg

Bigfish

I took the chicken off when it hit 165 and let it sit wrapped in foil for approximately 30 minutes. I had applied a rub and it turned-out fantastic. I look forward to having a chicken breast salad from leftovers tonight!

I have to obtain some stainless polish as you can see the residue left from the hairspray I used to remove the Sharpie Marks. My neighbor and I spent approximately 1 hour yesterday installing all of the hardware. I guess one person could figure out how to do it but installing the bottom vents and bottom ubolts was a challenge this short guy was not up too!

My neighbor thinks the final, finished product looks awesome - like a 55 gallon beer keg!!!!

Ken

Bigfish

I misplaced a picture in my Gallery when I was uploading to Photobucket this morning and wanted to add it as it is a good completed picture:

100_0299.jpg

Chili Head

Dang those stainless drums sure are nice!
I'm going to have to sell my drum and scrape up some coin and get one.

Top Bottom