Westminster Comp Dinner. BPS Drum Reverse Seared Aged Rib Eyes!

Big Poppa

Administrator
Found a butcher shop in Huntington Beach near the comp...I had heard about it and it lived up to it's name and billing "The Beef Palace"

Bought some aged Rib Eyes....nicely trimmed just for me...I hit them with Annies Garlic Olive oil as glue and then my Double Secret Steak Rub....With all the buzz and sales of our new hit "money' rub lets not forget Double Secret....
IMG_0179-9.jpg

Had the drum at 250...smoked with the basket low till 110 internal....
IMG_0185-6.jpg

flipped for a few minutes
IMG_0187-6.jpg

Posing for the paparrazi...
IMG_0183-7.jpg

pulled them and rested with I raised the fire basket and let the coals go turbo then put them on for no more that a minute a side...it had to be about 1200 degrees
IMG_0190-7.jpg

IMG_0194-5.jpg

rested again....
IMG_0200-5.jpg

made Cowgirls Bacon Wrapped Corn...Wowzers this was good and I didnt have long enough bacon...didnt matter...cooked on the mak one star
IMG_0188-7.jpg

Plated
IMG_0202-6.jpg

sparky

nice job. those are some really nice looking steaks. never seen a ribeye that good. a fantastic meal partner. the drum comes though again. :) i'm telling ya. i need to find one of those stainless drums. it looks really sharp.

MossyMO

That is a beautiful looking meal and I agree on aged rib-eyes, they rock!
I am with Sparky on the SS drum, where are you finding to purchase them BP?

Big Poppa

Administrator
Oh gosh no Jeanie I messed it up but it tasted great I used my happy ending finishing rub below the bacon and it was good!

Top Bottom