Tamed the beast!

Chili Head

Today I tried ribs again. I used 55 coals double layered in 2/3 of the basket. I lit 5 coals in the chimney and once grey I put those in one spot along the edge. I handful of BBQ delight oak added for smoke. With 3/4 hole open on each side the temps held steady at 225 on the gauge the entire time. When the ribs were done I had about 10 half burned coals left. Not bad!
me4aneva.jpg

8ymutyty.jpg

e5e3u4u8.jpg

enamuduj.jpg

mu2e8a2e.jpg

epuvu3e6.jpg

These were awesome! I'll be trying lump charcoal this weekend and have been looking for comp kingsford but I haven't found any in my area yet. Chicken thighs and burgers are up for tomorrow!

Kevinish

If you want to try it, you can get the smoke to last a little longer if you put the pellets in a foil pouch and just poke a small hole in it. It'll smoke for a while like that. Glad you found the magic spot with your cooker!

KristenBPS

Should be able to find charcoal around for next weekend. We stocked up at Costco during Memorial Day, hoping to do the same for labor Day.

Chili Head

I thought about that too Kevin after I dumped a handful on the coals. I'll give that a try today when I do some chicken. Kristen lowes had a great sale on 2 20lb bags for 13 bucks last weekend. I picked up 160 pounds! Still..im on a charcoal quest to see what's better. I've only ever used one brand cause I didn't know better..

Top Bottom