drums in Seattle WA

tschmidlin

I got my drum from Seattle Barrel Co. on airport way. Nice people. It was about $50 for a cleaned steel barrel.

Welcome to Al’s Seattle Barrel Co, providing material handling services in Seattle, Washington.

Make sure you call ahead so you can get one out of their stream before they re-coat it. Make sure you also ask for an open head drum or they will assume you want a closed head one, and ask for a lid in the same condition (no new gasket) but one that already has a hole in the lid - huge help.

Considering the price and since you don't need to burn/clean it yourself, I thought it was totally worth it.

Salmonsmoker

Hey Tom, glad you signed up. The only place I've had any luck so far north of Seattle (Everett area) is Nelson Petroleum. A used open top drum will occasionally show up, but is really hit and miss. The guy I talked to said "more miss" than hit. [They will however, order in a new open top drum for $60.] That's the route I think I'm going to go. By the time I chase around locating a used barrel, maybe have to get the liner sandblasted out like Sparky and others have done, I think I'm there pricewise. A burn-in and I'm cookin'.

Addendum: I just talked to the people again@ Nelson and it appears I was misquoted on price. They're telling me now that a reconditioned barrel is $78+ tax. Hmmm.....

Last edited:

Salmonsmoker

I ended up going to Al's Seattle Barrel Co. to get a re-conditioned barrel. The lady that I placed the order with asked the purpose of the barrel, so they chose the barrel accordingly. Had the barrel steam cleaned and ready next day, even stripped off the outside paint. When I picked it up the sales ticket had written on it "55 gal. barrel for BBQ". I asked the guy what it had been used for and he said "hazardous waste". :confused::confused:Hey, thanks a lot buddy....a comedian no less. He kept such a straight face I couldn't tell for the longest time whether he was kidding or not. I guess barrel workers need some diversion in their work day. All's well, $50 cash.:cool:

swamprb

Couple things to remember when dealing with Al's

Bring ca$h
Don't ask a lot of questions-Al thinks everyone is from the EPA!

Seriously-Al is the MAN when it comes to drums in Seattle! I called and inquired if they had an 85 gallon overpack drum and he said yup, bring cash! Showed up the next day at 7:30 AM and it was already loaded into a container bound for Alaska! Luckily for me it was near the doors! Reconditioned (like new) 85 and a brand new 15 gallon drum for $100.

North of Seattle, try Stock Pot Soups in Mukilteo, they usually have closed Olive and Canola oil drums that are unlined and an oddball sized open 55 gallon with the dreaded liner, but hey FREE is always good! My neighbor picked up 25 drums for an Eagle Scout Drum Smoker project recently.

Motay

Thanks to you guys on this thread, I learned about Al's last night. Emailed him (it was after 6 on a Saturday night and he responded right away!) and have my order ready to be picked up first thing Tuesday morning. Woo hoo!

Motay

Thanks fellas. Picked up my drum on Tuesday morning, it was pretty much as advertised. (but quite honestly a little bigger than I envisioned!) It's now sitting in the corner of the garage, so I guess the next best step is to order the BPS kit. Might as well jump in with both feet, huh? :)

MrAdam

The BPS kit is well worth it. Big Poppa thought of everything, it's well built, and depending on how handy you are, it goes together in an hour or two. Don't wait to order it, as I believe the price is going up. You may want to order two kits once you see how versatile his kit really is.

Definitely order a second rack for it though.

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Tapatalk 2

qwesthunter

picked up my 1st drum today from Al's barrel Co. I called and they had it ready stripped to bare metal for me $55.00 I think it is well worth it since I do not have to strip all the paint off.

Thanks for the tip on where to pick one up @tschmidlin.

Top Bottom