Working on perfecting my Salmon recipe. And some turds

auxren

Had a little hootenanny at my house so firing up the smoker was obviously necessary.
Been working on my Salmon recipe and I think I got one step closer
Got some alright salmon at Vons:
HcAWiaA.jpg

Covered the Salmon in balsamic glaze and applied a light sprinklin' of Santa Maria seasoning. Then I sliced some lemons and laid them across the salmon. I then cut some thin slices of butter and put them on top of the lemons with some fresh rosemary:
2gqS7uR.jpg

Smoked at 200 until 135 inside the fishy (about an hour and a half):
o4JBngY.jpg

jsZtWty.jpg

It was amazing!!
T1HBGMO.jpg

Also made some buffalo turds of the atomic variety. Mixed up cream cheese with sharp cheddar, let that mixture have some fun with the jalapeno halves, then sprinkled chili powder on top:
j8vyypM.jpg

Then I put slices of horseradish cheddar on top and gave it a bacon sleeping bag:
D20F6Qj.jpg

They came out great! The horseradish cheddar adds a nice little twist.
ZlAnzDh.jpg

Great food paired with some fun jamming. The turds paired well with some Hank 1 and Waylon.

Maybe I'll smoke some buffalo steaks tomorrow

jimsbarbecue

Staff member
If you have not tried already, Brown Sugar is great on Salmon. Use the glaze and seasoning as you normally would and then cover extremely well with the brown sugar. Not heaped on but so much that you can no longer see the fish. Smoke on low heat as you did this one and see if you like it. The heat will melt the sugar and if you have it cover enough the excess drips off and just leaves a nice sweet film on that keeps the flesh moist.

Jackb

Auxren, you're making me jealous! I haven't smoked anything in like two or three weeks! Gotta fix that...

Top Bottom