Looking for a drum in Northern CA.

majake

I live in Stockton but make frequent trips to Chico to see the kid in college so anywhere between here and there would be great. I have been working on recipes and techniques with a couple of friends in the hopes of entering small local back yard comps and we have been using Weber Kettles. We really feel like we need to expand our equipment and are seriously looking at buying a couple of the barrel smoker kits and making our own barrel smokers.

scooter

Staff member
You're in Stockton? The comp team I'm a part of operates out of Stockton. Several backyard comps all year. Check with FatCity Grillers.

majake

Scooter-
I am familiar with Fat City Griller Supply. I have purchased some stuff from them over the last year or so. My stepfather bought a BGE and a pellet smoker from them also. I can't afford the fancy stuff so I want to either buy or make a drum smoker.
I am sure I have seen you at one of the cook-offs in the parking lot there and maybe at the Van Ruiten rib cook-off a couple of months ago. My buddies and I were actually going to enter that one but stuff came up and it didn't happen.

scooter

Staff member
I've never been to any of the FCG cookoffs but you've definitely run into many of my pitmaster friends there including the boy wonder 15 year old pitmaster Zack Galiste. He's won a few of those contests and is now competing in pro contests working on CBBQA Rookie of the Year title. I usually stick to judging or cooking the pro contests myself. Some of them do have backyard divisions like one coming up soon called Rubstock in Cameron Park (BP's favorite). I'll more than likely be judging that one.

Pit guy

Try container management services in cloud way in Hayward Ca. Or Berlin packaging in Hayward also Ep container in Hayward CA.

Top Bottom