PDA

View Full Version : warped lid

Kbbq
07-15-2013, 02:19 PM
So I tiger torched all the paint off the drum. Which was pretty quick and easy as per rockinshelbys advice. But the lid warped a little and now I'm wondering if the bp top went is just gonna let air out. Am I screwed? My wifes gonna kill me if I have to get a new lid. Plus the lid won't seal correctly

Salmonsmoker
07-15-2013, 03:32 PM
You might be able to tweak the lid back straight. My lid doesn't fit on my drum very well either. The closing ring pinched it and it has a flat section even after trying to re-align it. It's not a big issue- the air is being drawn in through the bottom and venting exits the top, so the control is with the bottom vents. When I shut down the air it still kills the fire pretty quick, so I'm not too concerned.

Kbbq
07-15-2013, 04:39 PM
Good to hear, thanks for the reply. I might be smokin some salmon myself. Going up to WA in a few weeks

jimsbarbecue
07-18-2013, 08:21 PM
Straighten by bending over a big pipe . I used a oxygen tank. It takes some effort and time

Kbbq
07-18-2013, 10:32 PM
I tried a 2x4 over a table and some clamps. Didn't work that great. May need some more time

scooter
07-18-2013, 11:05 PM
My lid is warped a bit also and it doesn't impact performance at all. How badly is it warped?

deihardt8fan
08-04-2013, 11:58 AM
I think my brain is warped, hahahahehehe, any suggestions? If lid is not to badly warped and your really that worried about it try using some clamps on it while cooking. I used to use them on my weber kettle all the time.