warped lid

Kbbq

So I tiger torched all the paint off the drum. Which was pretty quick and easy as per rockinshelbys advice. But the lid warped a little and now I'm wondering if the bp top went is just gonna let air out. Am I screwed? My wifes gonna kill me if I have to get a new lid. Plus the lid won't seal correctly

Last edited:

Salmonsmoker

You might be able to tweak the lid back straight. My lid doesn't fit on my drum very well either. The closing ring pinched it and it has a flat section even after trying to re-align it. It's not a big issue- the air is being drawn in through the bottom and venting exits the top, so the control is with the bottom vents. When I shut down the air it still kills the fire pretty quick, so I'm not too concerned.

Kbbq

Good to hear, thanks for the reply. I might be smokin some salmon myself. Going up to WA in a few weeks

scooter

Staff member
My lid is warped a bit also and it doesn't impact performance at all. How badly is it warped?

deihardt8fan

I think my brain is warped, hahahahehehe, any suggestions? If lid is not to badly warped and your really that worried about it try using some clamps on it while cooking. I used to use them on my weber kettle all the time.

Last edited:
Top Bottom