Need help finding a drum near Irvine,Ca

Kbbq

First post, read through all the threads and am still having trouble finding a drum to go on the Big Poppa Drum kit. I think Im going to pick one up at Uline or Mcmaster-Carr or maybe some where else. But even when I'm looking at the websites I'm not positive on which one to get. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

MrAdam

Your best choice is a new, unlined, unpainted 55 gallon open head drum with a plain top. You don't need the ring or bolt or gasket in the lid.

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Tapatalk 4 Beta

spinny

Hi Kbbq, Apex Drum Company has been used multiple times and are located about 40 minutes away from Irvine in Commerce at Apex Drum Company, Inc. Apex Drum Company - Commerce, CA - Industrial Drums, Reconditioning, Sales, 55 Gal Drums, IBC, Totes, Pails

You can request a reconditioned 55gal powder tight steel drum with a new plain lid, no ring or bolt for $40.00. Be sure to ask for a lid that fits well since it's for smoking. You can also get a painted new one from the same place for $73.00. They will bead blast the body and lid for $15.00 if you wanted to spray a high temperature paint or have it powder coated. Typical lead time is 3-5 days.

Kbbq

Thanks for the replies. Uline has a drum rated for -40-325degrees. Is 325 going to work. I know some of BP recipes call for a 375 temp or higher. I'm leaning towards the Uline one cause it's like 10 minutes for my house even though it's a little more costy

MrAdam

As long as it's steel it will work. Might want to have the paint stripped and apply a higher temperature paint. Up to you.

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Kbbq

Yeah, called ULine today turns out they moved locations, so I'm gonna order the Skolnik Carbon steel 55 gal open top drum $96.95+shipping from amazon. I actually called the BP hotline and they walked me through the whole order. I was online with them on amazon at the same time. A little more than I wanted to spend, but whatever. I just want to get the ball rolling.

Top Bottom