Carne Asada, Buffalo Tritip, Regular Tritip, Balsamic Vinegar Tritip and Chicken

Jackb

My last few weeks of smoking...
First, I actually just grilled some carne asada steaks. OK, not smoking, and the picture doesn't do them justice, but this was excellent.
IMG_5510_zpsb4c38e7f.jpg

Next was a Buffalo Tritip. It was cooked excellent, I don't remember which rubs I used on it though. Despite the perfect cook, I found I actually prefer regular Cow tri-tip. The Buffalo was not as tender. Which is fine, because the Buffalo was significantly more expensive. I got it just to try it.
IMG_5512_zpsf42974f7.jpg

Then I smoked a Cow tri-tip with Double Secret Steak Rub, Sweet Money Rub, and Mesquite pellets. Sooooooo good. Served with a sauteed vegetable medley.
IMG_5607_zpsad23a57b.jpg

IMG_5608_zps4d8397b3.jpg

IMG_5602_zps832baa95.jpg

Fourth was my favorite. Thanks to a tip from Auxren, I reduced balsamic vinegar in a pan on my own and used it as a glue instead of oil. Double Secret Steak Rub on top and bam, this was really amazing. The balsamic vinegar made a huge difference, you could really taste it.
IMG_5925_zps794aefe1.jpg

IMG_5928_zpsab1aa4dc.jpg

IMG_5935_zps04916e1f.jpg

IMG_5938_zpsd024976e.jpg

And finally this past weekend I smoked some chicken for the first time. I put Siracha under the skin, and covered it with Hallelujah Bacon Jalapeno Rub, garlic and pepper. Smoked with Jack Daniels Pellets.
IMG_6549_zps018615f0.jpg

Last edited:

rockinshelby

Balsamic is the key for beef. Love it! I hit it with balsamic, jalapeno seasoned salt, double secret steak and finish with happy endings. Perfect combination for beef. Your food all looks great.

Top Bottom