Ursula vs Mrs Sparky

sparky

well, last week when i cooked on Ursula my daughter didn't like the food. it was funny tasting. i was using lump w/ pellet packets and pieces of apple wood in Ursula. well, she told my wife who was out of town last week. so, this was 1st cook w/ Ursula for mrs spark. she wanted me to use Hazel to cook the chicken. i told her if she didn't like the food off of Ursula i would stop using her. alot on the line here. i wasn't worried. i talk to BP about some of my problems w/ the drum. he told me to keep it simple. just use kingsford comp charcoal. no lump or wood. okie dokie. i also did some research on drums and found out your suppose to leave the top vent wide open all the time. control heat w/ bottom vents. i got this.

silent movie night. no talkie.

chickendinner003.jpg

chickendinner006.jpg

chickendinner024.jpg

chickendinner020.jpg

chickendinner031.jpg

at this point my wife opened back door and asked (not very nicely) when was dinner? did i panic. H#!! no. i just raised my coal basket and up'd my temp big time. now were cooking w/ fire.

chickendinner041.jpg

chickendinner006.jpg

chickendinner044.jpg

Von Da Pa

chickendinner059.jpg

two thumbs up garth. very moist tender and she loved the bacon corn (cooked perfectly).

the end.

Last edited:

Big Poppa

Administrator
what is that you have over the coals in the low setting? I try always to keep it open on top but sometimes you have to choke it down....
Glas you arent giving up!

sparky

what is that you have over the coals in the low setting? I try always to keep it open on top but sometimes you have to choke it down....
Glas you arent giving up!

i made a little heat diffusor out of a pizza pan. not so much direct heat. it worked very well.

Top Bottom