Just ordered my BPS Drum Kit!!!

jetmek

I just ordered my kit and I can't wait for it to get here! I am going to cater for my daughter's wedding reception with it! I am very excited to not have to chase temps all day like with my ECB or my Chargriller! I may even try a comp I. The future!

Jackb

Congratulations! Are you new to drum smoking? Make sure to take a few practice sessions before the big day to learn the minutiae of your drum before the big day!

scooter

Staff member
You'll love your drum!!! Welcome to DS.com! Post some pics of your cooks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk while driving one handed!

jetmek

Thanks! I'm a long time user of Ernie Ball/Music Man strings and equipment. Now looks like I'm using Sterling Ball's BBQ equipment now too! Love this forum and all the cool people here! Can't wait to post my first cook!

Big Poppa

Administrator
thanks buddy.... the drum is my desert isle cooker...I have a bunch of cookers but if I could only have one it is the drum hands down.

what a great way for your daughter to celebrate her new union

jetmek

I can only afford the drum over any other smoker right now. Gotta save for that Music Man Axis! Or will it be a Lukather model???

scooter

Staff member
The simplicity of the BPS EDS will spoil you and the flavors you pull off it will blow you away. It's such a versatile, reliable and easy cooker to use.
I used to use WSM's as my charcoal smokers. When I added a BPS EDS (now I have two of them) to my patio they stole my heart and now the WSM I have left sees zero action and will most likely be sold.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk while driving one handed!

Last edited:

Smitty

Right on and welcome aboard, you will love it. I have only had mine for a few months but it is truly one awesome smoking machine!

BabelBBQ

Just ordered mine and expect it to arrive on Thursday. I bought a new unlined drum with lid, no holes. It is painted black. I assume this paint will peel when I do a couple of burns. I wish I could have found one unpainted, but no luck. First official meal will be ribs for Father's Day/my son's 7th birthday (he loves ribs and so do I). Any advice for getting this ready for Sunday?

Will I be able to get a good burn going without any holes drilled in the bottom? I'm not going to attempt to drill without the step bit and kit templates.

Thanks

fwidsmoker

You'll have to drill your holes...especially the bottom vent holes prior to the burn.

The challenge will be seeing the spot to mark the holes having a black barrel. I had the same problem and spray painted it with some cheap gray paint so that I could see the template marks.

Sent from my SPH-M830 using Tapatalk 2

MrAdam

I just used masking tape to tape the templates on to my drum.

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Tapatalk 4 Beta

jetmek

One caution about the templates...

I found that the radius of your drum may vary. When I taped up my templates and drilled my holes, they were dead on. But I had trouble with the air vent mounting screws for the bottom vents being a little too far apart. I had to, "oval out" the two outside screw holes a bit so the air vents mounting holes would line up and be attached to the drum. Also, the template provided for the top vent didn't match up with the holes on the actual vent. It looked as if the template was accidentally printed off the wrong size or something. So I just used my sharpie marker and traced the metal vent and and used it as my template. No harm, no foul.

I have owned three different smokers and a half dozen grills, and I have to say that this Engineered Drum Smoker is the best BBQ and grilling machine I have ever bought. I have less than $200 invested in it and it is completely stock in regards to modification, and It has helped me turn out some of the best food I have ever made. I challenge anybody to find a cooker with more of a value to price ratio. Like Big Poppa said, it is my desert island smoker of choice!

Top Bottom