ash pan??

Jackb

I got this portable grill at Ace Hardware and it works perfectly as an ash pan.

IMG_4769_zpsce087af7.jpg

IMG_4770_zpsc21aa7bf.jpg

Coldfood

what kind of fastners/bolts did you use besides 4"? Also what size washers and is it basically just a wingnut for the quick disconnect on the bottom and what grade of metal does it have to be high temp resistant or hardened steel maybe stainless steel?

scooter

Staff member
If I recall they were 1/4" and the washers were the widest 1/4" washers OSH had. They needed to be wide enough to grab onto two of the wires on the bottom of the coal basket.

Nafle

9u9yqere.jpg

I used a pizza pan that was 17,7 " wide, drilled 3 holes in the bottom to get some bolts to get some space from the bottom. Then drilled a diagonal so i can atatch a chain or bendt metal handle ( like on the firebasket)
ybu6u7y6.jpg
ysemu4a9.jpg
u3erezyr.jpg

But i love to se what the engeneers comes up with :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

www.naflebbq.blogspot.com

fwidsmoker

I just picked up an extra drum lid and cut out the middle and crimped up around the edges. I then put a u bolt on it so now i have a 19 plus inch pan that i can grab with the hook and it catches any grease and ash.

BabelBBQ

Does anyone have pictures of the new ask catcher? The image online shows a clean pan with no holes, the image on the deluxe kit offer shows it attached with hooks and connected with at least three holes in the pan. Will it come pre-drilled?

KristenBPS

Does anyone have pictures of the new ask catcher? The image online shows a clean pan with no holes, the image on the deluxe kit offer shows it attached with hooks and connected with at least three holes in the pan. Will it come pre-drilled?

No holes are pre-drilled. The online image it what it looks like out of the box. Hardware & instructions are included. We used an image of the ash pan assembled for the new promo.

BigKroth

Just ordered mine yesterday and I cannot wait for it to get here!

I used the Shop-Vac the other week and it was not pretty.

Top Bottom