Pulled Pork

rockinshelby

Saturday before Easter I had a bunch of people for a potluck dinner. I did pulled pork. I got a couple of nice big butts at Costco.

Injected the night before with a Chris Lilly style injection.

DSC05548_zps61ccbdaf.jpg

In the morning, while the drum was warming up, I rubbed them down with Money, Jallelujah Bacon, some Happy Endings and brown sugar. (Just like the video, BP).

DSC05549_zps7066ee36.jpg

DSC05550_zps1d974d3c.jpg

DSC05554_zps2a549bb5.jpg

Put them in at 240 deg on the dial, trying for around 275 in the middle. From here I just kept following the BP video. Pulled and foiled with apple juice after 3 hours.

DSC05555_zpse5e01a6b.jpg

I don't think I quite made it to 203 deg before pulling it and FTC-ing it but it was close.

DSC05558_zps0fa0b813.jpg

DSC05559_zps51ccb7ab.jpg

They pulled easily, tasted great, super moist. Served traditional style, in buns with slaw and sauce. I stole the sauce recipe from Slap Yo Daddy. Excellent...

I will definitely do this again. If you haven't done pulled pork before, watch Big Poppa's video. Thanks BP.

Cheers, Jeff.

Big Poppa

Administrator
temp is second to feel to determine when its done with a probe it should slide isn with no resistance...looks like you nailed it!

rockinshelby

Total cook time was about 7 1/2 or 8 hours. Plus about 1 hour to rest. I did not record the internal temp when I foiled it. I did it at the 3 hour mark. If I had to guess it was probably around 145-150 degrees. It was really good! I'm getting hungry just thinking about it.

BabelBBQ

After pulling at the three hour mark, you foiled it. At that point did you put in in a towel/cooler and let it go for about 4 hours or did you put the foiled pork back on the drum? With the one hour resting being in a towel and cooler?

BabelBBQ

I read in another post, that you foil/towel/cooler at 195. That seems to make more sense to me, but this will be my first attempt, so I could very easily be wrong.

rockinshelby

Smoked for 3 hours to internal temp of 145 or 150. Foiled and cooked for another 4 1/2 or 5 hours then FTC for about an hour. Internal temp was about 198 degrees when I pulled it to FTC. Do yourself a favour and watch Big Poppa's pulled pork video. I just basically followed his instruction.

BabelBBQ

Smoked for 3 hours to internal temp of 145 or 150. Foiled and cooked for another 4 1/2 or 5 hours then FTC for about an hour. Internal temp was about 198 degrees when I pulled it to FTC. Do yourself a favour and watch Big Poppa's pulled pork video. I just basically followed his instruction.

Informative video. Thanks.

BabelBBQ

Does anyone have a slaw recipe that with no mayo they like? There are a few foods that gross me out a bit, one of them is mayo.

I'd like to serve the P.P. with slaw but want a no mayo recipe. Any suggestions?

Top Bottom