FINALLY Finished my BPS Drum

firehouse_bbq

Ok, so I will admit, I am a slacker. Bought the BPS Drum Kit in January, got a drum from our good friend Wes, drilled it out, burned it out, and then it sat.....For about 2 months!

Well yesterday, I painted and completed the build on our Drum. Did an season burn on it last night, and it worked great. Right now, i am cooking a rib roast and crown pork roast for Easter Dinner. It is running hot, but not a big deal (it is really windy here) I also bought and installed the Pitmaster IQUE 110, and that is working great too!

I will post some pics later today. Going to be using it this coming weekend in the Wildomar BBQ Comp where I will be cooking against Big Poppa and Wes!

firehouse_bbq

Here are some pics of the two Roasts that I cooked on the drum today. Initial feedback was good, but TOO smokey. The wind was really blowing today, and the lids on my UDS is not as tight as I would like. The drum will puffing quite a bit of smoke through the cook. Not sure what the reason was, as the temp was steady. I cooked with a combination of K Blue and K comp.

Any ideas or suggestions? I will be adding a heat deflector very soon.

I cooked a Rib Roast and a Crown Pork roast. I used BPS Little Louie Seasoned Salt w/Black pepper as the base rub on both, then added BPS Sweet Money to the Pork and our own (new) Steak & Burger Rub to the Rib Roast. Here is how they looked just before going onto the drum:
easter_roast.jpg

Here is the finished pic before slicing:
roast1.jpg

Here is the sliced pic (sorry it is not good, people wanted to eat)
roast2.jpg

Top Bottom