Lets Talk Charcoal

wneill20

Here in So Cal not much to chose from unless I am not looking in the right places. Would do you like, way do you like, where do you get it? Me kings ford comp it is the only thing I can find local and you ?

jimsbarbecue

Staff member
When Costco has Kingsford comp I buy it. I also buy the Kingsford Blue bag when it is the crazy sales or clearance

T G

One of these days Im gonna quit being lazy and order some of the Wicked Good briquettes from my local ACE Hardware.

Big Poppa

Administrator
trader joes has decent stuff...the wicked good is nice....scooter swears by blue bag...I use hasty bake lump which is private label ozark oak

scooter

Staff member
Yep, for low and slow I only use K bluebag which I buy at home depot at the memorial day or 4th of July sales when the price dips to $.24/lb. I stock up with about 500-600lbs and it holds me the whole year. K Blue is just a super steady performer and burns forever.
For ultra hot searing I use Royal Oak lump or 100% hardwood briqs like K comp or the stuff they sell at Trader Joes.

wneill20

BP Trader Joes is the last place I would have looked will check it out next time I'm there. I also want to try the hasty bake I will order some sone.

firehouse_bbq

I love the hasty bake for lump, and like the K Comp for long burns. Use the crap out of blue bag K for catering, the new santa maria just chews through it....I need to get some real logs for it :)

Top Bottom