Ok Kids...who wants a free jar of the new sweet money rub?

Big Poppa

Administrator
All you have to do is cook this week and post it.......no cheating...only one per member...

We need to wake this place up the pellet guys are making us look like slackers!.....

MrAdam

I want money but I'm on the road until the 23rd! :(

I haven't touched my drum since November in account of the cold but it's getting up to smoking temperature outside! I've been itching to use it!

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Tapatalk 2

rockinshelby

How can I pass up an offer like that. I'll post todays cook in the gallery. I also did some tri-tip last weekend. I'll post those pics also. This is the fifth week in a row that I've cooked on the drum! Looking forward to some of that Sweet Money...

bpainter

Nothing like getting a free Rub.

I finished building my BPS on Thursday. Seasoned it on Friday. I just got finished eating some baby backs that I smoked on it for dinner.

Man this thing is great. This is my first UDS and now I have to build another one for the lake house.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 296
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 314
Last edited:

Salmonsmoker

Wanna try the new rub!
So....
Spatchcocked a chicken and dusted with a substantial coating of SM Pecan rub.
619.jpg

Firewired some 'maters, onions, red, yellow and orange peppers and marinated with some ceasar salad dressing and Desert Gold.
620.jpg

Chikin into the drum.
622.jpg

Veggies and giblets turn to take some heat.
623.jpg

We're done.
624.jpg

Plated with a homebrewed English bitter.
625.jpg

It was delicious! Thanks for looking.

rockinshelby

Wneill20, Looks great. I have a small brisket flat in the freezer. My Dad's wife is begging me to make her Montreal smoked meat. Your meat is perfectly cooked. You'll have to share your recipe. Cheers!

wneill20

I used a store bought corn beef soaked in water for two hours changing the water ever half hour. Smoke it at 275 until IT was 165 put in pan with the veggies and bottle of beer covered until it was tender about two more hours.

Smitty

Well did a tri tip and used some 3eyz on it and I finished it off with some gun powder, It came out pretty good just wish I could have got a whole shot of the tri tip but I forgot.

313306_10200813990970899_319350316_n.jpg

733769_10200813989330858_1767724734_n.jpg

Last edited:

sheepdad

All the food looks great. Sorry I missed the party:mad: The kids are full blown Lacrosse now and the weekends are crazy on my end. Great cooks everyone.

KristenBPS

Keep them coming! Post in this thread, or create your own in the gallery. You have until Friday, March 15!!! Get those entries in so I can send you some Sweet Money--its delicious BTW:). I tried it this weekend on chicken.

If you have posted, please email, or send me a PM with your screen name & real name so I know where to send your goodies. Or if you are planning on placing an order feel free to add in the comments that you earned a bottle of Sweet Money!!!

Jackb

I made a tri-tip this past Saturday. I covered it in olive oil first, then Money and Little Louie's seasoning.
20 minutes on the smoker, then turned it over for another 30. Then on a grill on high for a minute on each side.
The bread is a loaf of italian bread, butter, money and little louie's as well. I put it on the smoker for about 5 min to melt the butter and make it nice and warm.

IMG_4594_zps78fa5250.png

IMG_4596_zps772936ad.png

jimsbarbecue

Staff member
Mo Money

Like others I have been cooking just not snapping photos of the same old stuff. But for FREE stuff. All bets are off(First horse racing reference, with Santa Anita this weekend) (And we have a family event Saturday, who plans without checking the BBQ schedule?) The Cooking Form shows up today are Chicken thighs @ 3-2 Bok Choy @ 5-3, Brussel Sprouts @ 3-1 and Onion @ 2-1. these thoroughbred of food will be spiced up with Big Poppa Smoker Rubs. Riding the bottom grate which runs at 350º will be the chicken and onion. Riding the top grate at 325º is the Bok Choy and the sprouts are in the Cast iron pan with a little grape seed oil.

IMG_2155-L.jpg

Face down in the feed trough of balsamic , the sprouts soak up the goodness

IMG_2152-L.jpg

Butter bacon bits and BPS spice in the onions feed bag

IMG_2151-L.jpg

Bok Choy waiting to load the gates

IMG_2154-L.jpg

Pellet dust for more smoke

IMG_2156-L.jpg

My hat smells a lot better now!

IMG_2153-L.jpg

The favorite and always in the "Money" the chicken thighs.

They're off (actually on) Cooking away on the drum. With the Chicken in the lead , then the onion with the Sprouts coming up third and the Bok Choy bringing up the tail end.
IMG_2157-L.jpg

Sweet Money Shot.
IMG_2158-L.jpg

Top Bottom