the birth of Ursula

sparky

plz welcome my newest member of my family. Ursula.

party030.jpg

your going to need a tape measure, marker, straight edge, your stencils cut out and a latte w/ a shot of baileys in it.

ursulasbirth009.jpg

the directions were very good. i was a tad hesitant at first but i watched the video 3 times and just read the directions a couple times and went on from there.

1st off. need to fine the front of your drum. i put Ursula on a chair to make her easier to work on. more better for my back. start measuring stuff and marking it up. just follow the directions.

ursulasbirth031.jpg

after you have her all measured out time to drill. go easy. its easy to punch threw to much.

ursulasbirth056.jpg

ok, drilling done. i had a paint question. so i called BPS and asked to speak to kevin. then send me to somebody w/ the name of kevin but he didn't know anything about smokers. so i called back. "can i talk to the drum making kevin?" bam, right threw to the right guy. kevin told me what kind of paint to get and away i go. only found black. i'm cool w/ it. i can always repaint here when i screw the black up.

ursulasbirth076.jpg

put her all together. jim would be proud of me. the BPS Drum Kit goes together like a glove. nice job guys.

ursulasbirth095.jpg

boo ya baby. Ursula fully dressed and ready for the show. she looks good. nice job sparky. i'm proud of myself.

ursulasbirth131.jpg

the fam.

ursulasbirth121.jpg

thanks to BP and his whole staff. i got a drum smoker, i got a drum smoker. nener, nener, nener......

Last edited:

tugnut1

This is a great thread. Thanks for taking all of those pictures. I am going to refer to this when I find a drum that I can use.

jimsbarbecue

Staff member
Looks Good Sparky. Having the kit and the tape on paper templates for drilling the holes makes it easy.
I expect ribs from you Sparky. But you have to try chicken on it. I cook mine a little hot like cowgirl does between 300 and 325. I know BP using a lower heat.

sparky

it was alot of fun putting Ursula together. just need a dolly now but for the time being i'm doing just fine. time to start some drum ribs.

BossHawg

Man that thing looks awesome. It really isn't ugly. More like Bitchin Drum Smoker. BDS. What kind of paint did you use?

Nafle

Looks Nice Sparky. Just hoping it won't be to expensive to get the BP drum kit to Norway. Looking forwoard to it anyway. :)

Salmonsmoker

Welcome to the forum Nafle, from across the Great Waters! You're going to enjoy your drum smoker, especially since it's such a quick build.

Nafle

Welcome to the forum Nafle, from across the Great Waters! You're going to enjoy your drum smoker, especially since it's such a quick build.

Thanks, I'm just waiting for a shipping price, so i hope within november i'll have my drummer ready. The drum was ordered Brand new today, never usedvanlig before! Hope to get som advices from you guys. :)

Nafle

Smitty

Great looking drum Sparky seeing yours come together makes me want mine!
I am hoping to pick up my drum this weekend and I am hoping to buy my BPS kit next month.

Top Bottom